Wednesday 11 June 2014

Aura cafe

Here I am at Aura cafe in the suburb of Lower Templestowe.
It's a part of a medical building that includes doctors, physio, xrays, chemist, I could go on.
So if you do have an appointment somewhere in the building its a good place for a coffee, but you don't need a medical certificate to sit down, all are welcome. They have seating inside and outside with both chair and bench seating.
 
It's table service and I've always found the staff friendly and welcoming.
They have a breakfast and lunch menu, and on weekends an all day breakfast menu. 
While I'm a fan of all day breakfast every day, they still have a brunch item on their lunch menu.

Today I ordered Eggs Florentine and it was an impressive sight!
The poached eggs were perfect and there was a mountain of spinach, yum!
They sprinkled a little spring onion for garnish, and I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of the flavour with my eggs, but that's just personal preference.
The hollandaise sauce didn't have the creamy texture I adore and didn't have enough flavour for my liking, however it was still well made. The bread was fluffy and light and easy to cut, so overall it was a good meal.

The coffee is very good and has never disappointed.

If you come by and don't fancy breakfast (which is a rare occurrence in my experience), try the roast vegetable salad - AMAZING!
 







I give it 31/2 stars




Aura Cafe
Mon-Fri 7am - 3pm
Sat-Sun 8am - 3pm
200 High St, Lower Templestowe


No comments:

Post a Comment